David Wilson-Okamura (Spring 2000)|
Portraits of Elizabeth I
12 July 2008
Portraits scanned from Elizabeth W. Pomeroy, Reading the Portraits of Queen Elizabeth I (Hamden, Conn.: Archon-Shoe String, 1989).
- Elizabeth as a princess, c. 1546-1547.
- Elizabeth in her coronation robes, c. 1600.
- Elizabeth and the Three Goddesses, 1569.
- Detail, Elizabeth and the Three Goddesses, 1569.
- The Darnley portrait, c.1575.
- Queen Elizabeth playing the lute, miniature by Nicholas Hilliard, c. 1576.
- The Siena portrait, c. 1580-1583.
- The Ermine portrait, c. 1585.
- The Armada portrait, c. 1588.
- Detail, the Armada portrait, c. 1588.
- The Ditchley portrait, c. 1592.
- The Rainbow portrait, c. 1600.